Their stories are inspirational and serve as an example that all things are possible. One cannot discount talent but tenacity and the will to achieve gets you standing top-of-podium, after all the bottom is too crowded.
Dripped in 2 bespoke adidas looks that each artist will create to match their chosen adidas sneaker silhouette, #ArtistsOnTheRise will take you through the incredible journey of emerging local trailblazers: Blxckie, FILAH LAH LAH and LORDKEZ.
Barely a few months into the game, Blxckie is the subject of fascination across the local scene, already winning the approval of the most credible musicians and commentators of the culture. From the moment his Lucasraps-assisted viral hit ‘Big Time Sh’lappa’ hit the internet, racking up almost half a million views in just a few weeks, it was clear that the new wave movement had a new leader.
A product of Durban, the 22 year-old rapper is shows impressive musical dexterity, switching between spit-fire bars and hypnotising harmonies with seamless flexibility - an ability he’s developed from studying not just rap greats, but musical icons of all genres.
“I’m so honoured to receive the opportunity to tell my story on #ArtistsOnTheRise, with Studio 88 and Adidas. I know I’m making my city proud with this one. I can’t wait to rock my ZX 2K Boosts and LA Trainer.”
1. This competition runs from (00h00) Thursday, 11 February 2021 to midnight on Thursday, 22 April 2021(“closing date”)
2. The promoters are: Studio 88 (“Studio 88”) Group of companies, whose registered office is, Aeroton Business Park, 30 O'Connor Place, Aeroton, Johannesburg, 2013. As well as adidas South Africa (Pty) Ltd (“adidas”) whose registered office is 2nd Floor, Unit 2C, Black River Park, North Park, Fir Road, Observatory, 7925, Cape Town, South Africa.
3. This competition is open to all residents of the Republic of South Africa who are in possession of a valid identity document, except any person who is-
4. To enter and stand a chance to win, a participant must be 18 years old, and;
5. By entering this competition, you agree to comply and abide with these terms and conditions.
6 .Winners will be contacted directly by the promotors or nominated agent within 48 hours of the winner’s announcement being made.
Three (3) draws will take place through the duration of the campaign. At each draw, 3 winners will be selected, and prizes randomly allocated to the winners as the prizes indicated below:
7. The winners will be requested that their imagery and/or likeness may be used online by either of the promoters including but not limited to digital and retail marketing support for a period of 3 months, which request they may refuse.
8. All winners will be contacted electronically or telephonically within 48 hours of the competition closing taking place (“winners contact”).
9. The prize is non-transferable and may not be exchanged for cash. The winner has to claim their prize within 48 hours of winners contact.
10. Except in so far as is provided for in the Act 68 of 2008, the judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
11. adidas reserves the right to vary, suspend, postpone, or terminate the competition and any prizes, or any aspect thereof, for any reasons whatsoever and without notice. In such event, you hereby waive any rights or expectations which you may have against adidas and acknowledge that you will not have any recourse or claim of any nature against adidas.
12. The Promoter and its affiliates will collect and use your personal data listed herein in order to enable your participation in this Competition and for related online activities. Your personal data will be used to enter you in this Competition and for the Promoter’s, its affiliates and subsidiaries’ marketing purposes and, by participating in the Competition, you consent to the transfer, storage and processing of the data in South Africa and any other affiliated country in which the promoter conducts in business, which consent may be withdrawn at any time by written notification to the Promoter. We keep your personal data to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected or as required by applicable laws or regulations. We will not use your personal data for a different purpose without first obtaining your permission. We do not allow third parties to use your personal information.
13. All entrants indemnify the Promoter, its advertising agencies, advisers, suppliers, and nominated agents against any and all claims, damages or losses resulting from their participation in this Competition arising from negligent acts or omissions of the Promoter.
14. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries. Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or telephone lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by Promoter on account of technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the internet or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to Entrant's or any other person's computer relating to or resulting from participation in this Competition or downloading any materials in this Competition.
15. You can choose to be excluded from direct marketing by notifying Studio 88 and/or adidas in writing or by registering a block on any registry which adidas is bound by law to recognise. adidas will not charge you a fee to update this request on its systems. adidas will give effect to any changes requested by you as soon as reasonably possible.
16. These Terms and Conditions are also available by phoning (021) 422 6200 (standard Telkom rates apply) and at www.studio-88.co.za