Calling all aspiring models! It’s the 3rd adidas and Studio 88 #IamOriginal88 The Face of adidas & Studio 88 competition. We invite all adidas fans and aspiring models to enter and WIN BIG!
The Face of adidas & Studio 88 looks to discover two fresh talents to represent both the brand - adidas, and the retailer - Studio 88. The competition opens Monday, 6 September 2021.
The prize - each winner gets prizes to the value of R135 000.00.
This includes a photoshoot where the winners appear in an adidas & Studio 88 campaign, a professional portfolio, shot by the highly talented and notable photographer Cedric Nzaka. The two winners also walk away with R15 000 cash each, R25 000 adidas shopping vouchers to spend at Studio 88 each, a R5000 Takealot shopping voucher and last but not least, a R15 000 holiday voucher.
The Winners will be announced on Monday, 1 November 2021. Remember, if you don’t enter, you can’t win so take this opportunity that could have life-changes outcomes for you. Good Luck!
Studio 88 and adidas #IamOriginal88 Consumer Competition Terms and Conditions
1. Phase One of the competition runs from (08h00) Monday, 6 September 2021 to midnight on Monday, 27 September 2021 (“closing date”) for entries.
2. Phase Two of the competition runs from (00h00) Friday, 1 October to midnight on Monday 25 October 2021 (“closing date”) for entries.
3. The Winner will be announced Monday, 1 November 2021 (“winner announcement”).
4. The Promoters are: Studio 88 (“Studio 88”) Group of companies, whose registered office is, Aeroton Business Park, 30 O'Connor Place, Aeroton, Johannesburg, 2013. As well as adidas South Africa (Pty) Ltd (“adidas”) whose registered office is 2nd Floor, Unit 2C, Black River Park, North Park, Fir Road, Observatory, 7925, Cape Town, South Africa.
5. This competition is open to all residents of the Republic of South Africa who are in possession of a valid identity document, except any person who is -
- 5.1 a director, member, partner, spouse, life partner, immediate family member, employee or agent of, or consultant to the promoter or any other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by, the promoter; or
- 5.2 a director, member, partner, spouse, life partner, immediate family member, employee or agent of, or consultant to the supplier of goods or services in connection with the competition; or
- 5.3 anyone who within a period of 183 days preceding this competition has won any competition organised, promoted, or conducted by Promoter, or who resides at the same address as such a winner, or who uses the same telephone number to enter this competition. 4. To enter and stand a chance to win, a participant must between the age of 18 up to and including 35 years of age at the date of entry.
- 5.4. By entering this competition, you agree to comply and abide with these terms and conditions.
- 6.1. Phase 1 Weekly Sneaker winner: Phase 1 of the competition commences on Wednesday, 1 September 2021 to midnight on Monday, 25 October 2021 (closing date for Phase 1). Participants can enter the competition by capturing an image of themselves in adidas gear (Phase 1 image). Participants need to share the Phase 1 image on either Twitter or Instagram with the hashtag #IamOriginal88. At the end of Phase 1, Studio 88 will select 20 finalists from the tagged submissions. Each semi-finalist will win a pair of adidas Forum sneakers. If the selected style is not available in their size, they can substitute the sneakers for another franchise to the same value amount. The 20 semi-finalists will form the Top 20 of the #IamOriginal88 competition and will therefore then enter the Phase 2 of the competition where two of the Top 20 entrants with the highest vote count will be announced as the winners of the #IamOriginal competition.
- 6.2. Phase 2 Phase 2 of the competition will run from 1 October – 25 October 2021 and is the voting element of the competition. In order to win Phase 2, the public are encouraged to vote their favourite #IamOriginal entrant. The two participants receiving the majority of votes by 25 October 2021 and subject to their votes being audited, will be announced as the winners on 1 November 2021. All votes for all entrants will be audited to ensure no duplication of votes are made, as well as to ensure that there has been only one vote placed per entrant by an individual. Where voting is deemed to be suspicious with the intention to skew or duplicate votes by an individual for an entrant, those votes will be cancelled. It is at the discretion of the promoters to disqualify the finalist for dishonest voting and no correspondence will be entered into. The Winners of Phase 2 of the competition who have two majority votes, will be announced on the Studio 88 social media and website on 1 November 2021 (“winner announcement”). The Winners will be contacted directly by the Promotors or nominated agent 48 hours prior to the winner’s announcement being made. If for any reason the Winner is uncontactable, the 3rd highest voted entrant will take their place.
7. Prizes The prizes for each of the winners of Phase 2 of the competition will be as follows:
- R15 000.00 cash each.
- R25 000.00 of adidas shopping vouchers each (these will be supplied as five, R5 000.00 vouchers that are valid for 6 months), redeemable at any Studio 88 store only.
- A professional image-portfolio valued at R25 000.00 each.
- To feature as a model in the next Studio 88 and adidas campaign, valued at R50 000.00 each (This photoshoot / campaign must be captured during November 2021, the winners availability is essential).
- Takealot Shopping Vouchers to the value R5 000.00 each.
- R15 000.00 holiday voucher each. The winners agree that their imagery and/or likeness may be used online and instore by either of the promoters including but not limited to digital and retail marketing support for a period of 24 months. Depending on where the winner is located in South Africa, included in the prize, will be return flights subject to availability for each of the Winners of Phase 2, transport to and from the airport as well as one nights accommodation at a location to be confirmed by the promoters.
8. All winners for each stage will be contacted either electronically or telephonically within 48 hours of the competition closing taking place and votes audit (“winners contact”).
9. The prize is non-transferable and elements may not be exchanged for cash. The winner has to claim their prize within 48 hours of winners contact, as well as commit to their availability for a photoshoot in November for a Studio 88 and adidas marketing campaign. Failure to claim the prize or a refusal or inability to comply herewith will disqualify the winner and a new winner may be selected in their place at the promoters sole discretion.
10. Except in so far as is provided for in the Act 68 of 2008, the judges’ decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
11. The Promotors reserves the right to vary, suspend, postpone or terminate the competition and any prizes, or any aspect thereof, for any reasons whatsoever and without notice. In such event, you hereby waive any rights or expectations which you may have against adidas and acknowledge that you will not have any recourse or claim of any nature against the Promotors. Included in this, is the right of the Promotors to select a new winner of Phase 2 at any time prior to commencement of the photographic campaign if in the sole opinion of the Promotors, the Winner of Phase 2 has conducted itself, made statements, social media posts or in any other manner or form acts in a way which is deemed or may be deemed to be damaging to the Promotors brands.
12. The Promoters and its affiliates will collect and use your personal data listed herein in order to enable your participation in this Competition and for related online activities. Your personal data will be used to enter you in this Competition and for the Promoter’s, its affiliates and subsidiaries’ marketing purposes and, by participating in the Competition, you consent to the transfer, storage and processing of the data in South Africa and any other affiliated country in which the promoter conducts in business, which consent may be withdrawn at any time by written notification to the Promoters. We keep your personal data to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected or as required by applicable laws or regulations. We will not use your personal data for a different purpose without first obtaining your permission. We do not allow third parties to use your personal information.
13. All entrants indemnify the Promoters, their advertising agencies, advisers, suppliers, and nominated agents against any and all claims, damages or losses resulting from their participation in this Competition arising from negligent acts or omissions of the Promoters.
14. The Promoters assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of entries. The Promoters are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or telephone lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by Promoters on account of technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the internet or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to Entrant's or any other person's computer relating to or resulting from participation in this Competition or downloading any materials in this Competition.
15. You may choose to be excluded from direct marketing by notifying Studio 88 and/or adidas in writing or by registering a block on any registry which the Promotors are bound by law to recognise. The Promotors will not charge you a fee to update this request on its systems. adidas will give effect to any changes requested by you as soon as reasonably possible.
16. This promotion is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with FACEBOOK. You agree that you are submitting your entry to the owner of the FACEBOOK business page and not to FACEBOOK themselves.
17. These Terms and Conditions are also available by phoning (021) 422 6200 (standard Telkom rates apply) and at www.studio-88.co.za